These are the cookies used for making tiramisu. Sibling C is going to make it as a birthday cake!
This recipe is from Joy of Cooking (1976).
- 1/3 cup cake flour (sift before measuring)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (sift before measuring)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 whole egg, 2 eggs separated
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- (Optional) Let ingredients warm to room temperature.
- Whip 2 egg whites until stiff. Sift sugar and salt together, and fold into egg whites. Beat mixture until it thickens again.
- Beat whole egg, 2 egg yolks, and vanilla until thick. Fold into egg white mixture.
- Resift flour a few times and fold into egg white mixture.
- With a pastry tube (or spoon), shape dough into strips 3.5-4 inches long by 1.25 inches wide on a cookie sheet. Or pour into greased molds.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 min.